Faculty Classroom Enhancement Grants
Dartmouth faculty in the social sciences may apply for grants throughout the academic year for activities or invited guests that support efforts to enrich the teaching experience. These grants are only for the Social Sciences.
Grant activities include
- Inviting a guest lecturer from outside Dartmouth to a class
- Going on a research-related field trip
- Engaging in other activities that support the curriculum or classroom experience
Classroom Enhancement Grants should not be used to supplement travel or other expenses related to academic conferences on campus. If a visiting faculty member is on campus for such a conference, Classroom Enhancement Grants may be used for an additional night’s stay in Hanover in order to meet with students in classes.
For more information, contact the Curricular & Research Office at (603) 646-2229, or Jane DaSilva, program coordinator on Classroom Enhancement Grants.
Administration of Awards
- Awards typically range from $300-$500, with an honorarium limit of $250 per person and any additional funds used for travel or other costs.
- Faculty may submit requests totaling up to $500 per fiscal year. Additional requests may be considered based on the availability of funds.
- Grants are not awarded during the summer term.
- All proposals for funding are reviewed by the Rockefeller Center Associate Director for Curricular & Research Programs.